Ginisang Corned Beef is easy to prepare in minutes and is cooked in one pan. It’s a hearty and flavorful combination of massive cooked beef and diced potatoes that you’ll love for breakfast, brunch, or any meal of the day.
One of the staples in my pantry is corned beef. It’s one of my favorite things to cook, especially when I don’t have the time or energy to spend more than 30 minutes preparing dinner.
It is quite expensive and also a versatile ingredient. There are so many delicious ways to enjoy this canned meat like nilaga, sinigang, spaghetti, pandesal and the most popular of all, ginisang corned beef.
The best corned beef
I like to use the robust variety and have had great results with Martin Purefoods, Palm, Ox & Palm and Argentina. I’ve heard that Delimondo is pretty good too, but I’ve never tried it myself.
Like other canned meats like Spam or tuna, corned beef is ready to eat right out of the can. However, cooking enhances the flavor.
It only takes a few minutes and one pan to turn a rather disgusting pile of pulled beef into a delicious corned beef guisado. Plus, you can double or triple the recipe and repurpose the leftovers into a brand new meal like a frittata or pizza for dinner the next day. Check out more tasty ideas below.
Delicious ways to use corned beef hash
- Use leftover ginsang beef in macaroni sauces instead of shredded chicken.
- Spread the guisado between two thick slices of sourdough or in a ciabatta roll, top with a few slices of your favorite cheese and a spoonful of sauerkraut if you have it, then grill on a panini grill until the
- outside is crispy and gooey. inside. Yum, best sandwich ever!
- Use as a filling for empanadas (pancakes), buns, taquitos or even egg rolls and you have an afternoon snack the kids can’t get enough of.
- Stuff it with warm flour tortillas and top with creamy coleslaw, cilantro and spicy salsa for Irish-style tacos.
- Mix with remaining mashed potatoes, shape into balls and coat in Panko breadcrumbs to make crispy croquettes.
- Mix with mayo, Thousand Island dressing, sauerkraut, and shredded cheese and bake in the oven until hot and bubbly for a party your guests will be clamoring for!
- For extra nutrition and color, you can add chopped cabbage or frozen sweet peas during the last 2 to 3 minutes and cook until heated through.
- I prefer my guisado on the dry side. If you like it a little soupier, increase the water to 1 cup.
- Serve this ginseng corned beef with steamed or fried rice and a side of fried or sunny side up eggs for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Use as a sandwich filling (palaman) in pandesal or tasty bread and enjoy as a mid-day snack.
More breakfast recipes
Arroz Cubano, or Cuban rice, is easy to make and affordable. Spicy beef, white rice, fried pancakes and sunny-side-up eggs make for a hearty and tasty meal that the whole family will love.
Corned Beef Ginisang
Corned Beef Guisado is quick and easy to make and full of flavor. It’s a hearty and delicious meal that’s perfect for breakfast or brunch!
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 10 min
Total time: 20 minutes
- 2 spoons of rapeseed oil
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 can (11.5 ounces) of beef jerky
- 1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat about 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan over medium heat.
2. Add potatoes and cook until lightly browned.
3. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the smoked beef and water and bring to a boil, breaking the meat into smaller pieces.
5. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
If you prefer it a little more soupy, increase the water to 1 cup.
Calories: 285 kcal, Carbohydrates: 12 g, Protein: 14 g, Fat: 20 g, Saturated fatty acids: 5 g, Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 2 g, Monounsaturated fatty acids: 11 g, Trans fatty acids: 1 g, Cholesterol: 46 mg, Potassium: 0231 g Sodium: 5 g 2 g, Sugar: 2 g, Vitamin A: 2 IU, Vitamin C: 36 mg, Calcium: 22 mg, Iron: 2 mg